A More Simple Life

Joelle is doing much better these days! I think she is feeling more settled and secure in our Georgia home. School is going well, although she does not like waking up early:) Our life just feels more settled these days. To be sure, we have really tried to keep our lives simple for her sake. There are no extracurricular activities. There will be plenty of time for that later. I feel like attending a new school is enough stress for this season in our lives. There is no traveling, well for the girls and I, anyway. It is just  school, home and church.

This simple schedule along with the "new" parenting has made all of the difference. I think Mike and I have had to do most of the "changing" in this scenario. But, that IS what God told us! He told US to change and we have. The only negative that we have experienced is a huge increase in attitude and willful disobedience. I am not sure if this is just the pendulum swinging in the opposite direction before finding a better balance or if it is a sign that we are not parenting well. I have always heard that attitude is caught not taught. So, with that in mind I am examining myself to see if my parenting needs to be adjusted.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts