Packing, packing, packing

Well, we are still waiting for our travel announcement from the chinese government. In the meantime, I am getting the girls room ready and packing. We picked up the mattresses today and the beds will be delivered on Tuesday. It's amazing all of the things you need to think about when packing. We have a weight limit of 44 lbs per checked bag. Plus we want to keep everything to a minimum because we may have to lug those bags through the airport while carrying Joelle. That means no purse for me - we will probably have a backpack for the documents and necessities. This will keep our hands free for other things. If we only take one bag on rollers each then it will be much more manageable. I think I am taking much more for Joelle than I am actually taking for me to wear. Since we don't know her exact weight and height I am having to guess at clothes size and shoe size. I am going to take a few outfits for 24 months old and the rest will be 2T since she weighs about 22 lbs. My guess is that she will have gained a few pounds by the time we go get her. I am taking some toys for her - an asian doll that smells like vanilla, a soft purse with pretend cell phone, keys, lacing cards, coloring books, stickers,crayons, a soft blankie and some board books. A few snacks since last time we almost had no time to go to a store until we were in Guangzhou - especially crackers as they are her favorite:)

Comments

Popular Posts