You Go First

Well, this is going to be short and sweet. Mainly because it is 10pm at night. I have so much trouble getting time online. Mike travels a lot so I spend much of my time being a single parent. By the time I can get them to bed I am just exhausted and do not have the margin to sit at the computer and write for my blog. There are many times that I have articles "brewing" in my head but sometimes I forget ( because I'm getting old) them by the time I can actually sit down and write!

Many, many months ago.... ok maybe a year ago we were struggling with all the crazy and frustrating behaviors that come with trauma. I just wanted her to change so we could have a more normal life! Well, this is what God said to me...." You change." He said, " You go first." If you want her to change then you need to change first. Hard to hear but I am finding it is the truth. Not in every case but in many cases when there is a behavior that I am struggling with there is something that I need to change in myself. It may be trauma or it may be sin but God still wants me to handle it differently. Am I being too "goal oriented?" Too much of a "martha?" Am I impatient and snappy in my parenting? God has been revealing these things in my life little by little. Sherrie, dear one, you are not showing self control so why do you expect them to show self control? It has been happening so often that now I don't even get defensive anymore LOL! I just say OK Lord, You are right. Help me to change.Why is it so hard to be wrong? I am finding it is much easier to change give in and admit that He's right so we can get to dealing with the stuff. It takes so much less emotional energy:)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Christie! Little by little, step by step:)

      Delete
  2. Oh you so "get it"!! I know you don't have a lot of "time" - but - there is a program (we've watched it on netflix) called "Nanny 911" - the short version - a Nanny comes in to help get a family "on track" with their kids. Almost always it's the "parents issues" that get addressed - and then the kid's "issues" resolve on their own.

    And ain't that the truth?

    We're called to learn to parent differently (a good trick for me with three bio's over 24 I "thought" I knew what I was doing!!) but when we do it makes all the difference!!

    Blessings on your house - you "got it"!!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts