It's A New Phase

Well, we are going through a new phase now. I'm guessing this is maybe a two or three year old phase?   This phase is called I am going to draw on walls and furniture, use finger nail polish to paint on my bunk bed, rip buttons off of pillow and purchase an inordinate amount of chips/ice cream and gummies all at the same time at school. She actually seems to be a bit proud of herself about a few of these things. I am not sure why. She told me she ripped the button off of the pillow on purpose and she was smiling when she told us. So, we gently but firmly told her that it is not ok to do these sorts of things. Since that time she has added some new "graffiti" to her room. I will need wisdom and discernment to figure out how to handle this one.







Comments

  1. She is testing to see if you are going to change.
    Stay the course! Maybe, give her some stickers to decorate her bed.
    OR, if she wants her bed decorated, have at it. It is her bed.... but the other furniture is off limits.
    You are correct about the emotional age. Think of what you would say to a two year old. No no sweetie and redirect....
    Let's clean this up together....
    In the end, stuff is stuff.

    You would not believe where we have found markings, carvings, initials, etc. It goes with the territory. :)

    you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christie,
      Thank you for the encouragement! I appreciate your wisdom! We will stay the course. God is also using her to reveal some idols that I need to get rid of. I am realizing that I do things that make both of my girls feel unloved. Once again, I need to change - ouch:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts