Mary

I have been thinking a lot about Mary lately. That would be Mary, Jesus' mother. In the past when I thought about Mary, it was about the angel telling Mary that she was "highly favored" by God ( Luke 1:28). It was about the blessing of carrying Jesus, about being "chosen." But recently, I have been thinking about Mary in relation to Jesus' crucifixion. How sad and scary it must have been to watch her son be treated in this manner. The heartache she must have felt! It hurts my heart when another child rejects my children - a minor thing in comparison. After thinking about this for much time, I came to the conclusion that much is expected of those who are highly favored. Did he love Mary less during this time? I say No. God did not promise us a perfect and easy life. He called us to do the job he placed before us. He gives us the strength to do what He has appointed us to do.

We have been studying Jonah in our women's bible study at church. It is the study by Priscilla Shirer. We watched the first video yesterday and I was blown away. I have noticed that all of the women in our group are going through very different things. Some are going through difficult pregnancies, some have moved to a new place and do not know why they are here, others have husbands who have lost their jobs but yet we all feel like this study is speaking clearly to us! God's Word is amazing! Priscilla talked about a Life Interrupted. Maybe what is happening in our life is not what WE had planned. This is not what we thought our life would be like but yet God is sovereign and in control. It is not an accident to Him. Priscilla urged us to realize that a Life Interrupted is REALLy a Life that is PRIVILEGED! The interrupted life is the significant life! The interrupted life is the cure for the search for significance. I am sure Mary did not "plan" to become pregnant before she was married. But, I love her response! "Behold, I am the handmaiden of the Lord; let it be done to me according to what you have said." Wow! Lord, please make me a woman of faith that when asked to do something I respond with a resounding "Yes!"

Comments

Popular Posts