An Exerpt From My Future Book

Chapter 1


I had screwed up and I was filled with fear that my family would not make it through this trauma intact! My mind was overwhelmed by the emotion and it was not just dwelling there but it had set up camp and made it home! The worst common denominator was ever-present before my eyes. Where I lived was the opposite of faith and I was sad to admit it. Where I lived was called FEAR!

We had just moved back to Georgia after spending fifteen months in Montana for my husbands job. Joelle had been in our home eight months when we were required to move to Montana for Mike's job. After repeated attempts to extricate himself from this move my husband was told that it was imperative that he go to Montana. 

Normally, I loved change and was up for an adventure especially if it involved travel! But, this time was different, we had a new daughter who was getting accustomed to her new family and home. She was not adjusting well so the thought of moving her cross country from Georgia to Montana was not an idea that I relished. We talked about the girls and I staying in Georgia while Mike commuted back and forth but that did not seem like a wise idea either. We were stuck in between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

So, we dutifully moved the family to Billings, Montana away from all the people we knew and loved. Any and all support systems were left behind to explore the unknown terrain called Faith. God would use this time to stretch me and prove me, to teach me who He is and of His trustworthiness. He would also teach me what I was made of. Who I could be when I allowed Him to mold me and teach me to love as He loves. 

The question was would I rise to this trial wearing the shield of faith? When all conceivable evidence and our own five senses says that our view of reality is the truth? It makes walking by faith a difficult prospect. We think fear inducing and faith destroying thoughts like, “This is an impossible situation!” “There is no way we are going to make it through this!” I would fail many times due to weakness, sin and fear but each time He would encourage me to get up and keep going despite the impossibility. 














Comments

  1. How exciting you are writing a book! Is it completed? Mine is, but I have not published it yet, because I already have a part 2 swimming around in my head, and I'm considering combining the two. :)
    I started blogging again..... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts