Thoughts



I feel so good about where we are with the girls these days! They are healing and growing and maturing. Sometimes, I don't notice the growth because it is slow almost imperceptible. And then I look at them with wonder because out of nowhere it seems they have taken on a new role - I see them stepping out as the big sister and trying to help and teach or I see a simple act of kindness. They look and act older now. I see them moving into a new phase with one another and with us.

Today I studied Proverbs 12:16 with the girls. A fools wrath is quickly and openly known but a prudent man ignores an insult. There are times when I feel like Charlie Browns teacher in The Peanuts cartoon. I'm talkin' and talkin' but the girls just hear "Wa wa wa wa wa." But then I remember the verse in Isaiah 55:11 11 So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please andpurpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. That is soooo good to know! And I see God accomplishing these things through His Word! 


Proverbs 25:28 Like a city that is broken into and without walls Is a man who has no control over his spirit. This is another verse I have been thinking a lot about! I think this would be a good companion verse to share alongside Proverbs 12:16. Both of these verbs go back to self control. I want to teach my girls these things now because they are easier to learn when they are little. It hurts more to learn some of these things as an adult - I know from personal experience! 


Throwing in a random photo to go with the random thoughts! This is the plant on our back porch:)


Comments

  1. Excellent thoughts! We too are going throgh the proverbs with the girls in the a.m. It is precious to hear their prayers for wisdom... YES!!!
    We recently had a 3 week episode where I wanted to write a blogpost about why I'm a big fat failure.... I actually did write it in distress... but God....
    We went 20 steps forward and have stayed there! Growing, learning and loving.....it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Proverbs are wonderful and so full of wisdom! So sorry you had those three weeks of trials but so happy for you that you came through them. Mike and I are older parents for our girls ages but I am so cognizant of how "young" I am in wisdom and experience. There have been so many times that I longed for a more mature woman to take me under her wing and teach me. But God knew I needed something different. He has been so good to us! Mike and I were just talking about how far we have come in one year! Amazing! Blessings to you! Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very good to get your comment! I plan on calling you soon. Amy had some appointments this week. Could use a little advice on a couple of sister issues. Would like to Vent a little and praise God as well! I have been wanting to talk to you even before your comment, then saw Lisa L. and she mentioned I should talk to you, then I got your comment on my blog. Confirmation in my heart God is up to something here! Thank you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts