An Answered Prayer

I have been praying for repentance to take place in the girls hearts because frankly there have been lots of apologies but no true sadness over their actions lately.

Joelle hit Zoe yesterday while they were playing next to each other on the floor. Of course I did not see it ( I never do - it is always hidden and in secret) even though I was in the same room with them. Zoe said that she had been hit and Joelle denied it and said Zoe was lying. This is a "new" tactic on her part. She is in a phase where she never commits the act and always proclaim Zoe is making these things up. Now I know this is not an impossibility and both girls are very, very convincing as they tell me their sides!

Well, lets' just say that Joelle held onto her version of events and never admitted to a lie. I was being very low key and just held Joelle and let her know she was loved. I also apologized to Zoe that she got hit. It is hard to know how to "deal" with the situation if no one owns up to committing the act. I let things go after a point because I felt like I was not getting anywhere. In about an hour Joelle ( on her own) began to write notes of apology to Zoe and to Me! I was recounting what happened to Mike later and it hit me - God answered my prayer! Now Joelle is still not admitting to the hitting but I will take what I can get! God is good!

Comments

Popular Posts