Hallelujah

If any of you have ever lived through parenting a child with extreme trauma well then you will know that you become very jumpy. The parents can actually have a sort of trauma of their own by what they are experiencing. I believe it is called Secondary Trauma but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, what I found was that I would become very anxious when there were any loud noises or anyone cried. The reason for that was because usually that meant one child was hurting the other. We went through MANY seasons where we would separate the girls because they could not play with one another. Then we would try to let them play again to see if Joelle was ready. This went on for two and a half years.From the outside, most people just did not "get it." They could not wrap their mind around the fact that it might be any different from normal sibling rivalry. Our experience was definitely NOT normal.

So, the reason I am saying all of this is because we are entering a new phase now. It is only very recent so I am almost afraid to write this, but lately Zoe and Joelle are able to play together and nothing happens! If someone cries it is because they accidentally hurt themselves! Those cries and noises still make me anxious but then I am able to relax when I find out everyone is ok. Thank you Jesus for directing us to the right path! Thank you for  still guiding and directing your children! Thank you Jesus that you still heal! Hallelujah!

Comments

  1. THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
    Don't get discouraged if you have a little set back.... They will keep jumping forward!!!
    I'm SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts