Spring Break Vacation

We are on vacation here in Amelia Island, FL. I have been unsuccessful in posting pictures from my iPad. I may have to post pictures later when I can get to our regular computer. We are at American Beach, which I recently found out was purchased in the 1920's I believe by the Afro American Life Insurance company. They purchased this beach area because at that time African Americans did not have a beach to go to. So sad that this ugly part of our history ever existed.

We are feeling so blessed to sit on the porch and look at the ocean, be able to go to the beach and go out to eat! There is something so calming about listening to the ocean waves. The girls have found a lot of seashells. I am amazed at how many intact, whole shells we have found. Now I really want to find some sharks teeth! The water is a bit too cold to swim yet. The temperature is a nice 75 degrees, though! Perfect for digging in the sand! Our sweet dog, Milly, is with us and has enjoyed chasing the birds and discovering the ocean and waves:)

Comments

Popular Posts