Jehovah Rapha

How do you handle physical aggression against yourself? This morning we had an altercation. It was 7am and time to drive the girls to school. One of them wanted to make her lunch but we needed to leave, so of course I said we had to leave. They were going to buy their lunch at school.

This child absolutely exploded! She began screaming in a rage and told me she was going to make her lunch! She repeatedly threw her body against mine in anger and would hang onto me or grab my shirt if I moved away. I was finally able to go to the rocking chair and told her to come to me. She refused and I waited about 5 minutes. She finally came in and sat on my lap. I told her that I loved her but Mommy is not for hurting and it is not ok to do what she did. She was not repentant at all and generally has not been repentant for a long time. This is my sweet, sweet child who can be soooo precious when she is free. But she has been shackled by her anger, bitterness and secrecy. She buries her hurts inside and no amount of coaxing from us seem to bring them out.

I was finally able to calm her and then take the girls to school. Before she got out of the car I told her how much I loved her. Mike and I are praying how best to handle this situation tonight. We are asking God to show us what she needs. How she expresses herself is NOT ok but that she is still dearly loved no matter what. We need Jehovah Rapha to heal both of our sweet girls of their deep, deep hurts!

Comments

Popular Posts