We made it through the first day!

Well, we got Joelle around 3pm yesterday - that would have been 3am your time! Our guide Vicky took us shopping at a grocery store first to get some supplies for our babies. By the time we arrived at the Civil Affairs Bureau the children were already there. As soon as we walked into the room I saw Joelle and she saw us. She was very happy, smiling and laughing a lot. She went to Mike right away and let him hold her. We were not there more than 30 minutes or so and then we left. She did cry some when she realized the nanny was gone. For the most part she is happy but she definitely knows who she likes and who she does not just by the look of them. Unfortunately, she is very quick to go to the strangers that she likes. Mike and I will have to be wise in how we handle this.
We took her back to the hotel room and she was not happy when the door closed behind us. We had another crying episode but not bad. She loves the doll and purse that we gave her. Her favorite thing so far is the toy telephone. She also really enjoys running away from mommy and daddy and making us chase her! This gets a lot of laughs:) She ate well at the restaurant downstairs - congee, broccoli, carrot, noodles, beef and chicken nugget. When it was bedtime she definitely did not want to sleep in her crib. She kept climbing out. She also kept putting on her shoes as if to say, "Ok, you guys were fun for a while but now it is time for me to go home!" I finally coaxed her into bed with me. She sat up looking at me while I slept. After a while, I talked her into laying down ( she was looking at us warily) and she soon fell asleep on her own. Whew, we made it through the first day!

Comments

  1. 4/12/10 6:30pm.The Swords & Shields have been waiting eagerly to hear this !! Mom & Dad talked to Carol today(Monday) & Shay talked to Carol yesterday(Sunday).Carol & Dick were taking a "rest", Zoe was at a playdate w/ Cassie- fun for everybody !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys. Wow,this made me cry. How wonderful your little girl is finally with you guys. I am sure yesterday was one heck of a day! Please keep writing.... It was very interesting to read about your evening....Look forward to hearing about the next few days. Love Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so scared when I woke up this morning to hear there was an earthquake in China. I had to get online to learn it was in far west China I am praying far away from y'all. I hope you are able to post again soon - can't wait to hear more about Joelle boy is she going to rock your world in a very good way. Much love, D'Lesa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts